Sunday, August 20, 2006

Scrapbooking inferiority complex

I went to crop at the LSS last night so I could try finish a page that I started last week. (Hey, at least I was being realistic about my goal.) It certainly made packing easier since I brought only what I needed for that one page. Unfortunately, after I finished the page, I decided that I need to redo it, sigh. Guess I'll be doing that this week.

As I watched L, K, and S (and all the other scrappers I didn't know) work on their pages, I felt so inadequate. I was so impressed by their work. When I work on my pages, I'm happy with what I've done. But when I see other people's pages, I think that mine don't hold a candle to them (perhaps not a good metaphor to use around paper).

At crops, everyone always praises each others work, but I wonder if everyone is just being polite about my pages, you know, the obligatory That's Great, Cute, Whatever Adjective you can come up with on short notice.

I've submitted work for publications, tried out for a design team (and still need to scrap that experience), and have entered some contests. I'm so optimistic when I enter and so disappointed when nothing comes of it. I'm not sure I can handle any more blows to my ego.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't lied! I really do think you come up with some terrific ideas!! and don't compare yourself to others. you will always come out feeling crappy! (and *you* means you, me, and anyone else) I don't expect to go to the Pearly gates to find St. Peter cruising my scrapbooks and saying "well, Susan, I am just not sure. the inking of this page just isn't the caliber we expect up here." if anything he might say, "did you bring that new QK font with you? I need to borrow it!"