Friday, November 14, 2008

Saving pennies - books

I took advantage of having the day off and took a pile of books to the used book store. I thought about selling them on half.com, but would have gotten even less than what the book store offered (if they even sold). And I thought about paperbackswap.com, but that meant keeping the books around and also taking the time to send them out. So I've got $16 in credit to use (I did end up finding one book I liked). If J comes to visit, she can use it (hint, hint).

Actually, I'm happiest that the books are gone, gone, gone! We've got waaaay too many books and magazines around here and it is so difficult to part with them.

1 comment:

Nadya said...

I can SO relate to having way too many books, etc! Love having them - hard to pass any on, . . .
I played harp for our 3rd Sat 'art walk' today at a bookstore that sells both new & used, . . . & decided I want to take some in - so am inspired by your post! (I did find a book or two I would like to have)

& I've begun soulcollage, so am saving the mags for images :)

ciao