Thursday, December 29, 2011

100 things challenge, day 32 update

Since I haven't been blogging much, you may have guessed that I'm also behind on my 100 things challenge. A couple weeks ago, we dropped off a few things at Goodwill, but haven't gotten rid of much else. I did list a bunch of Hallmark ornaments on Craigslist, but didn't get any bites. Here's the latest gone:

1 photo album
1 dress
2 tee shirts
7 books
1 purse
1 wallet
1 CD
1 set napkins
1 nightgown

total gone 18/100

I'm most proud of the nightgown. It is the last of my flannel favorites. I had four flannel nightgowns that I literally wore out. A couple of them were 20+ years old (no, that's not an exaggeration) and the last one, I was hoping to patch and get another couple years out of. But since I never got around to patching the tear on the back seam, I decided I should just get rid of it. Now that was a difficult decision. But to get a little more use out of it, I cut it into rags. It makes me happy to use them.
And yes, I'm tossing them in the trash when I'm done using them. The cut edges shed too much to make it practical to wash and reuse them. And no, I'm not getting out the sewing machine to hem them.

No comments: