Here's my "MacGyver" recipe:
1/2 can of baby corn
1/2 can of bamboo shoots
1/2 package thin rice noodles
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
1/3 red bell pepper
1 chicken thigh, thinly sliced
oil, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic, Singapore seasoning or curry powder
- Marinate the chicken w/soy sauce, cornstarch, and garlic (since I didn't have time to let this marinate, perhaps I should say "Mix").
- Heat some oil and stir fry the chicken.
- Remove the chicken, add more oil if needed, and stir fry the onion. After the onion is almost cooked through, add the bell pepper and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Add the rest baby corn, bamboo shoots, and rice noodles.
- Sprinkle on some the Singapore seasoning or curry powder (start with less, you can always add more).
- Toss the ingredients together.
- Take a taste test and add more seasoning or soy sauce or salt if needed.