Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Welcome little one card

I was tasked with making a baby card over the weekend for a coworker (other duties as assigned? lol). This necessitated a visit to my LSS (because I couldn’t find any of my baby paper/embellishments at home), but inspiration was hindered by not knowing if the baby is a boy or girl (mom-to-be isn't telling). Still, I was able to find some non-baby paper and ribbon that sparked my creativity and came up with cute, gender-neutral card. I’m very happy with the result and hope the mom-to-be enjoys it.

Since this card was being handed to the recipient and not being mailed, I decided to go bulky and try using one of the trendy embellishments (straws, does anyone have any advice on cutting them without crushing them?). Plus, I pop-dotted the cloud and of course, the buttons add some bulk. Note that if this card was being mailed, it would have to be shipped at package rates in a padded envelope.

Supplies: Cloud paper: Bella Blvd (Flying High from the Sand and Surf collection); ribbon: May Arts,;cardstock: Bazzill, Neenah, Paper Reflections; straws, buttons, thread: unknown; Tools: Quickutz Frankie Skinni Mini, Fiskars scallop border punch

On a funny note, one coworker said, “Oh wow, you even used dental floss.” So much for being impressed with the silk thread I used to hang the buttons, lol.

No comments: