Friday, October 24, 2014

It's just a number card

Here's a peek at one of the cards for my upcoming class at Perfect Day Scrapbooking. I worked on a couple of samples, but I'm going with the lower right card for the class. I like the darker base and the direction of the layering.  What do you think?

I dug into my precious Jillibean Soup and Bella Blvd stash for these cards. That means I even cut into whole sheets for my small squares (it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be, lol). I wanted these to be birthday cards, but I couldn't find the right stamp until I dug out my Birthday Jubilee set.
DCWV card base, Jillibean Soup and Bella Blvd patterned paper, American Crafts twine, Colorbok ink, Unity stamp

The class is Thursday, November 14, 6-8 pm. Just call the store at (714) 369-2862 to sign up. Hope to see you there!

Please bring the usual class kit (adhesive (tape runner, pop dots/dimensional foam), scissors, pen/paper if you want to take notes). And for this class, the following would be helpful: a corner rounder, 1 1/4" square punch or small trimmer, and light brown ink for shading. If you don't have the tools, you can use mine. Of course, class will go a little faster if you have your own.

I'm submitting this card to Unity Stamp's Friends with Flair. The stamp is from the July 2013 Sentiment Kit-Birthday Jubilee.

12 comments:

Tracy said...

Love the blocks to go with the sentiment....beautiful cards! Xxxx

Doreen said...

Love the design of these fab cards.xxx

Unknown said...

Really cute.

Cynthia said...

Fun design. Great way to use up some scraps laying on my craft desk!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a fun card! Great way to use use those scraps and it looks fabulous!

Crystal said...

This is a great design!

Lynne Mizera said...

Great Card! TFS

Berina RGA said...

beautiful card... love the squares..
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

JPScraps said...

These are both equally wonderful!

Kris B said...

Wonderful cards! What a great way to use up some scrapes!

Corrie said...

Great design love the squares

Miwa said...

Love these cards! How exciting to be teaching your own class, too - you go, girl! So glad to see you posting for FWF, too! :)