Sunday, August 30, 2009

Photo 109/365 Dinner

J brought me a huge batch of banana peppers and I had no idea what to do with them. I went searching and found this recipe on allrecipes.com, but of course, changed about a million things, like used half beef/half Italian sausage, stuffed some bell peppers along with the banana peppers, Romano instead of Parmesan cheesed, used a mix of homemade sauce and jarred sauce, etc. The good news is Mr. Fix-it liked it and there's enough leftovers for another couple dinners, lunches, and a dinner for his dad. And there's several stuffed peppers in the freezer since I couldn't fit them all in the pan (and I used an 11x16 pan!). The bad news is, with all the modifications, I'll never be able to duplicate the recipe exactly. But I could probably come close. Not that I want to make it again any time soon since I was prepping for an hour. I'd never make it on Hell's Kitchen.

No comments: