Friday, December 03, 2010

Noodles

If you're tired of turkey and aren't quite ready for Christmas feasting, here are some links to interesting noodle dishes from some of my favorite food blogs:

I love handmade noodles; this blogger even included a video; I'm going to have to try this some day.

Here's another video on handmade noodles. I also like the shaved noodles.

I always order pad see ew when we go out for Thai food at lunch. Hey, I know it is a funny name, but it is tasty.

This post about sweet potato noodles was interesting, except for the pig intestines part.

La Fuji Mama (love the name) shows us how to make handmade undon noodles. I don't think I'm up to it.

Lest you think I only read Asian food blogs, here's a homey dish I want to try some day.

Hope you enjoyed this little recipe/blog round up.

4 comments:

~TastyTravels~ said...

Thanks for this post Arlyn! I *heart, heart heart* noodles of all kinds. I've never made my own but was going to try with some udon noodles from a book I just got. I love the variety you've posted. I'll have to try them out!

Miwa said...

Great timing! I was just craving some udon noodles today - and wanted to make my own. One day, it may actually happen! Thanks for the round-up! =)

scrapper al said...

Glad you liked the links. Here's another one you might enjoy: http://norecipes.com/2010/11/30/homemade-ramen-noodle-recipe/

Miwa said...

*gasp* My daughters LOVE eating ramen! I'll have to make this one of our winter break projects. Thanks!!!