Friday, December 31, 2010

What I didn't do this year

This was a tough year for us. There was a lot that I didn't do.
  • I didn't visit my parents enough, but they were understanding about it (and can any child ever visit their parent enough?).
  • I didn't scrap much, but I hope to do more next year.
  • I didn't lose any weight, but I didn't really gain weight either. I'm considering this two pound difference a temporary increase.
  • I didn't buy a new car, but I hope to next year.
  • I didn't lose it at work, even though we lost three people and will soon lose another.
  • I didn't lose it at home, even with the passing of my FIL and my accident.
  • I didn't buy a smart phone so I still have an incredibly cheap cell phone plan.
  • I didn't sign up for cable, FIOS, or Dish so that's still hundreds of dollars I'm not spending. I'm pretty sure we'll be the last people in the US to sign up for cable.
  • I didn't run up any credit card debt. Despite an increase in expenses and a decrease in income, we still managed to get by.
It wasn't an easy year, yet I am happy with how we dealt with it and how we got through the rough spots. I found strength (and vulnerability) I didn't know I had. I'm thankful for a loving and understanding husband and thoughtful and supportive friends and family. Thank you!

Wishing you a wonderful 2011! I hope that the new year brings permanent jobs, good health, happy families, and lots of love for you.

3 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

It sounds like you made it through the year with grace and dignity despite several setbacks. Let's hope 2011 is a much better year for us all.

scrapper al said...

Thanks Nancy! I hope you have a terrific 2011!

Miwa said...

Happy New Year and best wishes for 2011! Wow, you're good to sit down and make a list. I'd rather not think about the bad stuff at all - just look forward to the new! Speaking of phones... DH upgraded me (for $10) to a newer phone so I can text if I *want* to. I'm such an idiot, though, I couldn't even figure out how to "open" it! So, I probably won't be texting much... ;)