Adapted from this allrecipes.com recipe. I really like this recipe because it makes six muffins, just the right number for us and they are not too sweet.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely scooped, not packed
1/3 cup half and half
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 to 6 oz fresh blueberries (about 3/4 to 1 cup)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix in the sugar.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, just until moistened. Then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill six paper-lined muffin cups (I use a Pampered Chef muffin pan).
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.