Saturday, September 10, 2011

Remembering 9/11

I've spent the last week crying at every news story about 9/11. Some of my friends posted on FB that they were avoiding the news; that reliving that day was too emotional for them. I understand. I won't be watching the news tomorrow.

I wrote about how 9/11 affected me several years ago. But as I look back, I also remember how touched I was by the outpouring of sympathy from the rest of the world. How Canada allowed planes to land and welcomed stranded passengers with open arms. How the world stood with us as we mourned. The photos of citizens from around the world gathering at US embassies in solidarity gave me hope. Hope that good will triumph over evil.

I remember those who were taken from us in such a terrible way and I remember and thank the brave men and women who protect us here and overseas.

No comments: