Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The Olympics

I'm suffering from lack of sleep. The Olympics are on way too late, plus I can't get anything done while they are on. What I really need to do is prepare just like the athletes do. Freeze some dinners so I don't have to cook. Make sure the laundry and housekeeping are all caught up so by the time the Olympics finish, I'm not living in a pig sty. Okay, so I have two years to prepare for the Summer Olympics, lol.

I was disappointed that Michelle Kwan had to drop out. I don't think she would have won a gold medal, but perhaps she could have won a bronze. And even if she didn't, she could show those young whipper snappers what artistry in skating really is.

Some people don't like the Olympic medals this year, but I do. They are creative, attractive, unusual. MSN had a poll of the favorite Winter Olympic medals from the past 11 Olympics. Lillehammer came in first and Sarajevo came in last. Turin came in third. You can also vote for your favorite Olympic medal.

I love the Budweiser commercials. The little colt with his big dreams brings tears to my eyes every time. Yeah, I blubber at all the Hallmark commercials too.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

So, the Olympics is what has taken you away from us. I was beginning to think that perhaps I smell! LOL
I miss you!

I agree with you about the Budweiser commercial--I love it. It brings back wonderful memories for me because when I was a girl my town had a Budweiser bottling plant in it. They also kept clydsdales (sp) there--the horses you see in that commercial. I loved those horses! So, seeing that commercial reminds me of my childhood.