Friday, February 03, 2006

I broke 9000

What does that mean you ask? It means that I finally reduced my e-mails at work to less than 9000. How can anyone have that many e-mails you ask? Well, I get cc'd on most of the projects in my department, plus I have my own projects, plus I'm a packrat. Paper, digital, it doesn't matter. I save it all.

On a good day, I get 30 e-mails. On a bad day, I get two or three times that. That's a lot of sorting to do.

Actually, the bigger problem isn't with the number of e-mails I have; it is the amount of space they take. We have a certain MB limit and I'm constantly exceeding that. When that happens, I can't save any more e-mails. Obviously, that's a good incentive to stay under the limit.

Check back in a couple of weeks and see how many e-mails I have then.

No comments: