Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

And since it is Mother's Day, I'm full of advice...even if I'm not a mother. ;)

First, Trader Joe's is a great place to buy Mother's Day flowers. We were there yesterday and their buyers and merchandisers obviously planned ahead. In addition to the usual display of cut flowers and potted flowers, there was a large multitiered table of orchids and another table of potted arrangements. They also had some nice potted baskets, but I only know that because shoppers were carrying them. There weren't any left to buy.

Second, grocery shopping on Mother's Day morning is a breeze. I got a late start and usually when that happens, the store is mobbed--there aren't any close parking spaces and all the sales items are picked over or worse, sold out. But today I didn't have any problems. All the sale items I wanted were available and I got out of the store spending less than I thought I would, even with splurging on an issue of Real Simple.

Third, don't forget to call your mother!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Arlyn! I called my Mom! Actually went over and made her lunch, hung out, then took her out to dinner! :o)