Saturday, June 16, 2007

102

I took one of those online quizes to check your life expectancy and it said I should live to be 102. Guess that's why I'm so obsessive about savings. Its gotta last a long time.

I went to a family reunion a few weeks ago and saw several aunts and uncles, all in their 70s and 80s and 90s, all still going strong. Most of them are moving a little (okay, a lot) slower than I remember. Most of them needed me to repeat whatever I said, but all in all, they're in good health. Guess that means I'm blessed with good genes, even if I don't think I want to live till 102.

4 comments:

Susan said...

102?!?!? I am not even sure that is a goal I want to shoot for! you better stock up on adhesive if you find it on sale! lol!

wwjt said...

Why aren't you sure you'd want to live to 102?

wwjt said...

Which site did you go to? I went to two! The first one said my life expectancy was 86! The second quiz--not nearly as thorough about habits, said 105!

scrapper al said...

Don't remember the site. It was on MSN's or Yahoo's front page one day last week. It did have quite a few questions about family history and habits.

There really aren't any good reasons to want to live to 102. By then, most of my friends and family will have moved away or passed away. Who's gonna visit me in the old folks home? And who's gonna pay for it? It isn't like I'd be setting any longevity records and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be a famous scrapbook artist or writer or humorist or chef so I'm not sure what I would be contributing to the world at that age.