Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Garden update

Look! This might not be exciting to you, but it is to me. It is a Chinese long bean seedling. Remember, I got the seeds from my mom and she got the original seeds from my grandmother. I'm soooo excited mine sprouted!

One of my eggplants bit the dust, or more accurately, the snails got to it so I replaced it with a bell pepper. I also planted some more Swiss chard (why do I think I'm going to be tired of it soon?). I posted a recipe for Swiss chard on my other blog, if you're interested. I also planted a six pack of Japanese cucumber (I never found any English cucumber seeds or seedlings). Why did I plant them all? After losing one eggplant and having another not doing so well, I decided to plant all the cucumber seedings instead of sharing them with my neighbor. If you're in the area a couple months from now, feel free to help yourself. I'm sure I'll have enough to share.

No comments: