Monday, February 15, 2010

Thankful

Although "thankful" is usually not the theme of President's Day, that's what I was feeling today. Thankful to have have the day off, and not only that, but as a paid holiday. And thankful that the new grocery store down the street finally opened and now I don't have to go so far to buy organic or bulk groceries. And thankful to have most of the meal planning out of the way for the week.

And happy for all the new jobs the store created. As it turns out, it was the first day on the job for the checker and the bagger was also new. She had been out for work for three months and he had been out of work for a year (though he needs to work on his bagging skills, I could barely lift one bag out of the cart).

On an unrelated note, I hope to catch up on my blogging and post a few photos. I'll be back dating the posts so don't be confused.

No comments: