Monday, March 26, 2012

Apple cake

I made this apple cake and I guess it was a hit since it is half gone. I modified it slightly by using two apples instead of one and half and half instead of milk. Since there were so many apple slices, I placed some of the apple on top because I was afraid they wouldn't all cook if placed in the middle. Also, as noted in the recipe comments, the cake was pretty sweet. I think if I had just sprinkled the cinnamon-sugar mixture on top without the apples, the cake would have been too sweet. In any case, I still had leftover sugar, which I saved for future cinnamon toast.

ETA: I made this again, but with yogurt since I rarely have milk in the house, and I used the leftover sugar/cinnamon from the previous cake. The texture was better when I used milk, but cake was still tasty. I think the recipe is a keeper.

No comments: