Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Card swap month 3

I'm finally posting my cards for December's card swap. (I'm a bad swap hostess since we're supposed to post our cards by the end of the month and I'm usually the last to post.) December's hostess was Katie and she sent an awesome batch of goodies. I finally remembered to take a picture before I tore into everything, unlike previous months.
See that yummy paper in the upper right corner? It was so pretty, I couldn't cut into it, but I hope to do it justice soon. I've got a few ideas floating in my head.

My first card was 95% from the kit. That crushed velvet ribbon is so pretty! The only addition was the rhinestones in the upper corner. Katie did include some that were the perfect size, but I decided I wanted them in color and then when I found these square ones in my stash, I liked how they played off of the grid pattern on the paper.

For my second card, I added the Prima flowers(that red flower looks pink in person, really!). I was going for a pseudo fireworks effect. The embossing was from a Quickutz die.

My last card (and favorite) was all from the kit except for the stamp, which is from Papertry Ink. I had a little trouble with the vellum butterfly sticker and ended up placing it on some cardstock and then cutting it out.

Here are Susan's cards. You can see the beautiful blue paper there.
Here are Katie's cards. Check out all those Spanish sayings. ¡bellĂ­simo

It was another great month! January is the last month for this group. We should be getting our supplies from Leslie soon. I will be opening up the swap again in February and will have multiple groups if there is enough interest. Let me know and you'll get first crack at a spot.



2 comments:

Susan said...

thanks for remembering to get a photo of the kit!! I think your square card is my favorite!!

Miwa said...

What great cards!