We started another round of the card swap and I again hosted the first month. We have some players from the last round, plus a few new friends so I'm really looking forward to the next few months of cardmaking. Since we have six instead of four players, I found it a little more difficult to put the kits together, even with my extensive stash. For example, when I include ribbon, I usually include 12-inch lengths, but had trouble finding 2 yards of matching ribbon. Next time, I'll have to remind myself that a six-inch sample is long enough for a card.
Here's what was included in the kit:
Patterned paper from A to Z and Basic Grey.
DCWV glitter card bases
Kaisercraft journaling tags
AC black buttons
Pearlized green brads
Velvet grey ribbon (from LM!), black and white checked ribbon, pearl daisy trim, teal ribbon, washi tape. The ribbons and washi are in 12-18 inch sections.
At the last minute, I decided to throw in the ginko paper. I have no idea who made it. The paper on the left is really silver, not gold. The paper is really shiny and difficult to photograph.
As you can see, there are multiple themes going on. Obviously, I couldn't decide what to include so I just kept adding stuff. I've got the classic black and white, bling, Asian, French (the journaling tags are from the Bonjour line), and fun with the yellow tickets.
This first card is just a simple card. I still need to add white liner so it is usable. And I'm not very good at adding sentiments so this one may go to Operation Write Home as a blank card. All the patterned paper and embellishments are from the card is from the kit. I had to add the card base since I didn't include any in the kit. I also used my favorite border punch. (It is a Martha Stewart punch, in case you need one for yourself.)
I couldn't decide if I should add ribbon or not to this next card, but then I thought that ribbon would make it too feminine. (I was trying for a masculine card.) Next time, I'll think about adding some baker's twine. The sentiment is a sticker from DCWV and again, the black cardstock and use of a die are the only additions.
I really like this next card. I tried to get all "artsy" with the overlapping words, but that didn't turn out as well as I liked. The wedding dress was inspired by this tutorial. The rubons are Making Memories and the pearls are from a previous card kit.
Here's are links to everyone else's cards (or blogs if the cards aren't posted yet). Go visit them and leave them some comment love. It is really fun to see how everyone came up with different designs from the same supplies.