Monday, June 05, 2006

Grocery shopping

If you gauged how I eat by a recent trip to the grocery store, you'd think I have terrible eating habits. Haagen-Daz ice cream was on sale, plus I had coupons so the combination brought the price down to something acceptable (not a bargain, just acceptable). There were four packages of bars and two pints of ice cream in the cart. Yum! We also bought water, bread, salad dressing, some cookies, and a few other things. Not much nutritional value in that cart, lol. Hey, we did buy bananas.

I thought the bill was going to be less than it was. I had a $10 off a $75 total, plus coupons for almost everything. The bill went from $81 to $56, which is a good savings, but not great. All you expert coupon clippers are probably laughing at me.

After that, we went to a local grocery store that heavily discounts fruits and veggies. We walked out of there with three big bags of fruits and veggies for $17. I guess we know which place was a better value, lol.

No comments: