Tuesday, January 23, 2007

That was an odd phone call

I just got a call from a friend (T) of my cousin. I only met her once so it took me a bit to remember who she was. T said that my cousin asked her to call me to make sure I was included in her (my cousin's) baby shower planning. But then T said that she pretty much had everything planned so I was wondering what I needed to do. Plus most of the guests would be coworkers and friends so I was really wondering why I should be involved (I only know two of her friends). Still, I graciously offered my help and asked what I could do to help. Nothing. Okay, so why the call? Then I asked when it was going to be and that cinched it. I'm going out of town that weekend. So then T was going to change the shower date. Whaaaattttt? T said that my cousin really wanted make sure I wasn't left out. I didn't think we were that close. Plus I'm not the kind of person who expects others to change their schedule for me. I hope that I don't give that impression.

Now I'm wondering should I have offered to help pay? Was that why T called? What could I really have contributed? Do I worry too much? (You don't need to anwer that last question.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

babies and weddings make people do odd uncharacteristic things. chances are good that your aunt told your cousin to be sure to include you in the planning, etc. you know.......like my mom made me invite all these people I didn't know to my wedding! don't be too concerned about it!