Saturday, January 27, 2007

Thirty-one and done

Between the last post and last night, I designed and made 31 baby shower invitations. Not bad eh? And you thought I didn't scrap, lol. Cardmaking counts doesn't it?

I only have myself to blame since I did volunteer. Wednesday, I designed the card in my head and spent some time on the computer laying out the text. Thursday, I went to the scrapbook store after work and bought paper. I printed out the directions and most of the cards and put together about half of them. It was fun to finally get so much use out of my Xyron Cheetah. Friday morning, I stopped by a local wholesaler and bought a spool of white grograin ribbon (if you need any, just let me know. I bought 100 yards, lol). Friday evening I had to buy more paper (more on that later). I finished making the rest of the cards, ahead of schedule, woo hoo! Today, I delivered the cards to the hostess and I'm done with the shower. I think I've contributed enough.

From what I hear, the hostess is an organized person at work, but that wasn't obvious during this process. I had several questions, none of which were answered in a timely fashion (you ask to help on Tuesday and you want to mail the cards on Saturday?). You don't tell me how many invitations you want for sure until Thursday night, after I've purchased the supplies (hence the Friday night trip to the LSS). The original estimate was 25 or 26, at most 28 including souvenirs for the honoree and hostess. So I bought enough supplies for 30, thinking that two over would be adequate. It just killed me when told me she needed 31. Of course, I could have used different paper, but of course, I wanted them all to be the same.

All in all, I think the cards are pretty cute. I had a few moments of panic when I looked at the papers at home and the colors clashed instead of matching like they did in the store. I got over it pretty quickly since I didn't have time to buy more paper. I know that colors change in different lights so I hope everyone looks at their cards under fluorescent lights, lol.

No comments: