Sunday, April 20, 2008

Looking for a six pack

You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find six packs of veggies, much less some of the "gourmet" varieties I like. We went to four different places. Next time, we'll just go to the local nursery first, even if everything costs more. The convenience and gas savings will be worth it.

So far I've planted three Japanese eggplants, one San Marzano tomato, three Sweet 100s tomatoes, and one Early Girl. I also planted some Chinese string beans, beets, Japanese cucumber, and more Swiss chard (all from seed). I hope the string beans grow. The seeds are from my mom and she got the original seeds from my grandma. Every year, she lets a few beans go to seed and saves them for the next year.

I still need to plant basil, bell peppers, and more tomatoes. And I'm still looking for English cucumber seeds and an Amish paste plant. But I'm running out of room!

1 comment:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Yum -- it all sounds good! We can't plant until mid-May.

How much room do you have in your garden? I'm jealous. ;) Our garden is pretty small.