Saturday, September 20, 2008

My new garden enemy

I'm still battling ants, but the aphids seem under control at the moment. Now I'm battling grasshoppers. I'm not sure what's worse, the aphids or the grasshoppers. I think the grasshoppers do more overt damage. They're defoliating the bean plants and are going crazy over the basil. In fact, one of them tried to make it into the pesto tonight (ewwwwww!).

Speaking of pesto, we had it over kelp noodles tonight. A friend gave me some to try and um, I think I'll stick with pasta. The texture was crunchy, like jellyfish or cartilage. I think I would have liked it better in a salad, maybe with an Asian-style dressing. One good thing is it is low in calories, only 6 per serving. My friend is trying out different raw recipes so no pasta for him.

No comments: