Saturday, September 13, 2008

Clearing stuff out

I've got a bit more room in my closet since loaned out some clothes. And I'm trying desperately to cut down on the paper (do I really need to keep every pay stub I've ever received?).

There's a small pile of stuff to go to Goodwill. Now I just need to get them in the car and over there. In that pile is 210 pieces of scrapbook paper. Yes, I counted them for the tax deduction. I hate to think how much I paid for all that. But, better to get rid of it now, than to store it for another year. I should have brought them to the crop last week, but I didn't know there would be newbies there. Most of the people I regularly scrap with have already seen my givaway box which is why I didn't feel like hauling it over.

We've been selling a few things on ebay. So far so good (knock on wood). I just sold a couple of QuicKutz for more than I paid so I'm happy for that. More money for my scrapbook addiction (or paying the bills). More important, they are out of the house and I don't have to think about them anymore.

I'm debating whether or not to put some books on half.com or just donate them. Or opening an etsy shop. Maybe sell cards or some of my excess SB stuff? Or would that lead to me buying more stuff? The goal is to get stuff out of the house!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I think an etsy shop is a fantastic idea! Supplies do pretty well on there!! And, who wouldn't love to own some Arlyn original hand mades?

.20 for 4 months listing is a darn good deal too. I say go for it. :)