Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Saving pennies - soap

Whenever we stay at a hotel, I bring home the used little bottles of shampoo or the bars of soap. I figure the hotel is just going to throw them away so why not bring them home and get more use out of them? I'm still using the bar soap from our hotel stay last month and I expect it to last a couple months more. I just use the soap to wash my hands, which is why it lasts so long.

Mr. Fix-it prefers liquid hand soap so I buy that for him and for the guest bathroom. Good thing it's on sale this week. With coupons, I should be able to get the bottles for less then 50 cents each. Not as good as how you CVSers do, but still, a good deal.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

OMGosh this made me laugh. With Chris practically living in motels he used to bring home all those little toiletries. He didn't use them because he always has his own with him.

Anyway, At one point I had a huge drawer full of those shampoos, conditioners, soaps, and lotions.

Then, we started getting all that stuff for free at CVS and I had to tell him, No more motel stuff! lol

Though some of them do have really nice lotions!
Thanks for the memory. =)