Friday, May 08, 2009

Stamp out hunger

Tomorrow is the annual National Association of Letter Carriers Stamp Out Hunger food drive. This year, we got a plastic bag along with the reminder post card. I wonder if they thought they'd get more donations this way?

Every year, I take this opportunity to empty my cupboards of extras I don't think I'll need. I know that food banks are usually low on food this time of year. All the donations from the holidays are gone and who knows when more will arrive. So if you have extra packaged food (no glass or expired foods please), put it out on Saturday. It can't be any easier to donate...someone comes and picks it up!

1 comment:

Kristie said...

We put out bags of canned and boxed food for this last year and the carrier didn't even take it! Not going to bother with it this year. Maybe I'll take some directly to the food bank instead.