Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PSA - Phone home!

When you're going on a long trip, be sure to phone your family when you've arrived. Otherwise they might worry, ya know? The drive home with cousin D should have taken around 8 hours (even though the trip here took almost twelve). So at 8 hours, I wasn't worried when Mom didn't call. At 9 hours I still wasn't worried. At 10 hours, I was debating whether or not to worry, but figured Mom would be outside checking out her garden, dark or not. At 10 and half hours, I called, but no one answered. And at 11 hours I started worrying. Finally, Mom answered the phone 11 and half hours after she left here, sounding chipper and happy and not at all tired. They took a two hour detour to go shopping(!) and then lunch and then after arriving in town, had dinner with cousin D's family. Of course, they had to wash the dishes and clean up the kitchen and then finally, cousin D took Mom home. Sigh, parents, what are you going to do with them???

(And yes, I know that I could have called cousin D, but I still needed to know that Mom was safe home in her own house, KWIM?)

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I hear ya sister! DH NEVER calls me to tell me he has arrived safely and that bugs the crap out of me.

Oh he calls to tell me he's driving to Phoenix, AZ. But do you think he calls to tell me he made it in one piece? Uh, noooo!

He tells me he's now going to Utah and then Washington state. Will I wait by the phone to hear that he made it there? I'd be more likely to get a phone call from the pine tree in my front yard! lol

wwjt said...

!!! ;-)

I got hungry (and nostalgic) just reading the recipes...yum!

scrapper al said...

Kristie, maybe you need to some sort of GPS tracking device on your DH's phone. Then you can track him that way.