Sunday, November 08, 2009

I have 27 friends

and eight more friend requests. Yes, I joined Facebook. No, I am not as excited about it as some of you are.

I can't figure out why some people want to friend me. We've never met in real life, they don't read my blog, I've never IM'd them (yes, even I used to IM), we don't e-mail, and I'm pretty sure most of them have never commented on any of my scrapbook message board threads. The only thing we have in common is the afore mentioned SB MB. Do they really want to follow what's going on in my life? (and do I want them to?) Do I want to follow their lives? Am I offending them because I haven't accepted their friend requests (I'm pretty sure I've offended a few people because I didn't accept their LinkedIn request.) Ahhh, where's Emily Post when you need her? Or maybe I need Dr. Phil to help me figure out all of this.

3 comments:

Richard Hellinga said...

And so begins the new form of Internet Timesuck...LOL

Miwa said...

You're a brave soul! I'm still avoiding Facebook and MySpace... I'm terrified of what and who might come out of the woodwork!!! So, when are you going to start Twittering? ;)

scrapper al said...

Actually, I am twittering too. Did you see the box in the upper right?