Saturday, January 03, 2009

Back to the old grind

Unpackinging, I hate unpacking, but I better get it done today. Otherwise I won't be able to take care of the next item on my list.

Laundry, not too bad since I did all of our laundry before Christmas and then washed all our travel clothes when we got back.

Grocery shopping, since we were gone for almost two weeks, the fridge was empty. We bought take-out on the way home yesterday since we were starving and I made mac 'n cheese (from a box) for dinner. I jazzed it up with peas and tomatoes and shallots and as I was browning the shallots, I wondered why I don't just learn how to make mac 'n cheese from scratch?

As I made my grocery list, of course, I quickly reverted back to my old self and obsessed over what was on sale, what I had coupons for, and what I'd have time to cook next week. Sigh, I wish saving $ and eating right wasn't soo much work.

Vacuuming, a never-ending task. I wish I could hire a housecleaner.

Taxes, gotta start pulling together the paperwork for this.

No comments: