Sunday, March 08, 2009

Photos 57-59/365

Before: March is Frozen Food month so last month I started using stuff to clear out space. Then last night I rearranged stuff in anticipation of today's shopping trip. I don't know if you can tell, but the third shelf is half empty.

After: It was a bit of an effort, but I fit almost everything in. I did have to take out some tamales, so we'll be having those for dinner later in the week.

$45.46 for 44 items. Enough food for about 25 breakfasts and 25 lunch/dinner entrees (not all of that is frozen foods, for example, there's yogurt in the fridge and oatmeal in the cupboard now). I still have to buy fresh fruit, veggies, and soy milk, but not bad, eh? Theoretically I saved $95, but it took quite a bit of time to check the ads, clip the coupons, and find the items in the store, so my savings/hour isn't as high as I would like.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Looks like you did great, to me! =)
And yes, if you figure in the hours studying the sales, clipping the coupons and doing the math, you still pay, it's just in time and effort and not cash. But then again they say time is money so...