Thursday, March 26, 2009

Vent

A relative asked if Mr. Fix-it would take her to the airport next week. I told her only if he could pick her up early and take her there three hours before her flight so he doesn't miss any work. She wasn't too happy about waiting at the airport so long before her flight and in fact, I'm not happy that Mr. Fix-it is even considering it since it will still potentially cut into his work day. (I don't think that was a run-on sentence, but it sure feels like one, lol.) Since he's independent, that is money out of our pocket.

Hey, there's always Super Shuttle or a taxi. Yes, the former is a hassle and the latter is expensive, but she's the one who picked a mid-day flight for the convenience of the people picking her up. I flat out told her he can't change his schedule since it would be money out of our pocket and that isn't fair to us. It isn't like she's elderly, has health issues, or can't afford the taxi.

I'm not sure why this is bothering me so much. Maybe because this is the second time this has happened this year. I don't mean to imply this person expects us to drop everything to take care of her; she doesn't. But we've been helpful in the past and frankly, this time we can't afford to be. Especially when there are alternatives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold your ground.

My rule: I don't ask anybody to take me to the airport so I don't have to take anybody to the airport.

Same rule applies to Moving...

Kristie said...

Have a similar situation like that happening here right now, so I know where you're coming from!