Sunday, January 17, 2010

Photo 19/365 Getting my money's worth

As we were getting ready to run errands, the conversation went like this:
Me: (fusses with shoes)
Mr. Fix-it: What's wrong?
Me: My shoe feel funny, like I'm falling off.
Mr. Fix-it: Do you need new inserts? (background: I put in new inserts last year)
Me: (adjusts socks, adjusts inserts) Now both shoes feel like I'm falling off.
Me: (mildly annoyed)
Mr. Fix-it: (bursts into laughter) Your shoes are falling apart. I think you got your money's worth out of them.
Okay, maybe you had to be there. But really, I couldn't figure out what was wrong and I had never worn a pair of shoes out to where the sole came off. I've only had the shoes for a decade or two, so yes, I think I got my money's worth. Now comes the trouble of trying to replace them.

No comments: