Sunday, January 17, 2010

Photos 16-18 Stocking up

We went to the Chinese grocery store since we were out that way for other reasons and lots of stuff was on sale since Chinese New Year is only a month away. I bought three kinds of oyster sauce: vegetarian, which I like for the milder flavor, the expensive stuff on the right (Mom and W say to buy the one with the colorful label with the kids in the boat, that's how I remember, lol), and a bottle that a lady in the aisle recommended. She said it wasn't as good as the expensive stuff, but almost as good, so I thought I'd try it.

Twenty pounds of rice. Never had this brand before, but it is one of the more expensive bags. On sale it was less expensive than everything else so I thought I'd try it. And then some multigrain rice. Supposedly, it it healthy and good for you. It wasn't something I'd normally buy, but it was 50% off and Mr. Fix-it was game to try it so it went into the cart too.

No comments: