Thursday, September 16, 2010

My fashion statement

I was going to title this post, "I am not a terr----t," but I thought in today's political climate, that would be asking for trouble. So how are the titles related? Well, I'll taken to wearing a scarf to cover the lower half of my face on my drive home. The sun shines in at just the wrong angle and I want to protect my skin while it is healing. The heat irritates my skin, plus I want to prevent hyperpigmentation. I'm surprised I haven't gotten any stares. My carpooler said I should pretend I was holding a gun on her. Maybe that would get someone's attention. Yeah, bad idea. But it was kinda funny when she said it.

3 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

You sound as obsessive as me when I had shoulder surgery. I was on vacation at the beach with a towel tucked up under one bathing suit strap. I looked a little strange but I didn't care! I hope things are healing well for you.

Miwa said...

You gotta do, what you gotta do! And who knows? That scarf might just make you alluringly mysterious. =) Hope your recovery is progressively quickly and well - and hey, whatever happened with those neighbors...?

scrapper al said...

@Nancy, good to know that I'm not the only one who's careful.
@Miwa, the neighbor's house got emptied and who knows when it will sell.