Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hack, hack, ack

Yep, I'm still sick. I went to the doctor last week to make sure I didn't have bronchitis or walking pneumonia. Nope, doc said it was the same nagging cough everyone else had. She gave me some decongestants and sent me on my way.

It wasn't fun flying with a slightly stuffed head. My ears were plugged for hours afterwards and it was a bit painful.

At least I'm coughing less each day. Thank goodness because I strained a chest muscle, twice. Ouch! The first time it happened, I was at work. I went online to check out the symptoms and recommendations. Most sites recommended RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation). Ummm, it was my chest muscle. I briefly debated whether or not to get some ice and hold it again my right breast, but decided that would elicit too many questions. So I suffered in silence, well not that much silence because I did do a bit of moaning and groaning. I'm still in a bit of pain, unfortunately.

Oh, so you're probably wondering what happened at the airport. Not much. I couldn't use the check-in kiosk. Actually, I tried to, but it said I needed to see an attendant, none of whom were paying attention. Well, one of them was, but she was on the phone so couldn't help me. No, I don't need assistance with the kiosk; it won't let me check in and it says I need to speak with an attendant. Oh, that's you and you finally want to help me? Thank you (finally)! She took my ID and spent almost five minutes on the computer. I was standing there for so long, I remember if she had fiven me back my ID or not. I have no idea what she was doing because she wouldn't talk to me. It was kind of weird.

I went to the TSA site and basically, you have to send them every form of ID you have and you still won't get off of the list. But you'll have been verified as being who you are so you should be able to check in faster. Right now, I've decided to just go with the flow and hope I don't have too many delays in the future.

No comments: