Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Regifting

Do you or don't you? I do, sort of. I received a couple of things this year and gave them to my sister. Well, I offered them to her first, but she couldn't use them. One item was a nice lotion set. I'm not into flowery lotions and I didn't think I would use them. My BIL spoke up and said his mom would like them. Perfect! So I gave my sister/BIL the gift to regift. While I appreciate the gift, I get much more joy out of giving it to someone else who will enjoy it.

I brought home a box of cookies that my mom won in a raffle. Talk about regifting, this tin must have been around for years. As soon as I tore the tape off the tin, I got a whiff of I wasn't sure what. The cookies looked okay (they were those Danish butter cookies). But I took one bite and spit it out. They were totally rancid. Yuck! Ah well, easy come, easy go.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Oh yes I'll regift and I don't see anything wrong with it. I always say (it came from so and so) well I can't use it-would you like it? - type of thing. No sense throwing away an otherwise perfectly good item when there is someone else that would be happy to have it, right? LOL