Sunday, January 01, 2006

I survived Christmas (barely)

As usual, Christmas was mix of fun and stress and joy and sadness and of course, more stress. Due to Christmas being on the weekend this year, I felt like I had even less time to prepare. I did get all my shopping done in time and even got cards (with photos) out before we left for home. Someday (like next year, lol), I'd like to spend Christmas with DH, just the two of us. No one to visit, no cooking, no false smiles. But I just can't do that to our parents. Guilt, the gift that keeps on giving.

My Christmas card list was much shorter this year. I'm not sure why. Maybe not sending cards out two years ago was the trick. I was disappointed that there weren't more cards waiting for us when we got back home. I did get a card from someone that I've been missing (a lot). J had written to me about two-three years ago, but then we lost touch again. I'm so glad she wrote and hope we can rekindle our friendship.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

"Guilt, the gift that keeps on giving." LOL I can SO identify! Glad you made it through the holidays. Here's to plans to "run away" next Christmas! ;)