Wednesday, March 21, 2007

He's gone

My beloved Uncle T passed away this morning. He had been ill and was ready, more than ready to go. Poor Mom had to give me the sad news. I have a huge hole in my heart that may never heal.

He was a generous, loving man that gave so much to his family and community. He volunteered his time, well into his eighties (and of course, we worried about him overdoing it). His marriage to Auntie L showed us what true love could be, what a good husband was, how a marriage was a partnership. He was the patriarch of his family. We all looked up to him. He was the wise elder. He was one of the last of his generation. A World War II vet. I miss him more than words can describe.

5 comments:

wwjt said...

You expressed exactly what I was and am thinking. I can't read your entry without getting emotional...but I've reread it several times because you wrote it so well. Love you!

Susan said...

(((hugs))) my heart goes out to you!! I never met the man (obviously) but know how wonderful he was from hearing you speak about him. I know that his goodness will continue on in you!
please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and/or your family!!

Becca L. said...

So sorry for you loss.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))

Richard Hellinga said...

My condolences. Sounds like he was an amazing person.