Monday, May 07, 2007

Not a low-cal dinner

It's a miracle! I cooked! LOL! Actually, I was tired of the freezer dinners and wanted something fresh so I've got three dinners planned for this week, thanks to Foster Farms chicken being on sale for 50% off. Last night, I made Buttermilk Baked Chicken (see my other blog), mashed potatoes, and carrots. Actually the carrots were leftover, but there were still enough for last night's dinner. But the potatoes is what I really want to talk about. Dang they were good. No gravy needed. And the way I make my mashed potatoes? Easy peasy! Just chop, boil till cooked, pour out most of the water (but save in case you need to add liquid back in), lightly mash (I like my potatoes lumpy), add a bit of salt and pepper. Add a few tablespoons of cream cheese (to 8 small potatoes). I had softened cream cheese that I had been putting on my toast so used that. It melted right into the potatoes and made them so rich and smooth. Yum!

No comments: