Saturday, May 19, 2007

Soooo frustrated and tired

I've been working very long, intense days for the past couple weeks and next week should be no better. Lots of things to be updated at the last minute, lots of coordinating, lots of deadlines. It isn't the long hours so much as trying to keep track of everything.

One tiny change will have a snowball effect and affect so many other things. One of my responsibilities is to make sure everyone in the department is aware of and makes these changes. So I send out e-mails, I make announcements in staff meetings, I mark the change on their work. And still, I get the blank looks of "what are you talking about?".

Sometimes I think my job title should be changed to chief nag. Why do I have remind people of their deadlines? Because if I don't, the projects don't get done on time. And then everyone in the department is scrambling to finish the project at the last minute. It may take a village to raise a child, but it shouldn't take a village to finish a project. I'm ready to beat my head against the wall. Better than beating my coworkers, right?

In the meantime, my own projects are falling by the wayside. Hence, I'm working today and tomorrow, sigh.

1 comment:

Susan said...

(((hugs))) the program I use was being upgraded over the weekend.....otherwise I probably should have been there too! :(