Monday, February 19, 2007

What I've learned about flying

Here's what I've learned over the past few flights I've taken:

If you fly on the Sunday before a holiday around dinner time, the airport will pretty empty and the security lines extra short (it took me less than 15 minutes to check my bags and get through security, amazing!).

My watch does not set off the metal detector (I forgot to take it off).

Even if you tie a red ribbon on your black suitcase, it will still be difficult to identify it. A took someone else's bag and was checking the luggage tag (he always double-checks), but I immediately knew it wasn't my bag.

You can carry Clementines (tangerines) and bananas through security without any problems. Though if you're flying in California, I don't recommend the citrus because of the medfly problem.

If you forget to turn your cell phone off on the plane, no one will notice.

There are nice TSA agents! Everyone I encountered on this last trip was smiling, cheerful, even cracking jokes. What a pleasant change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad your flight home went nicely. maybe that will make the next trip easier?!?!