Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I'm not as sad now

Just got an update from my mom. Uncle T was admitted to the hospital and she has been visiting him. Today he was awake and actually ate a bit! I have mixed feeling about this. On the one hand, this is good news. On the other hand, he's talked repeatedly about wanting to go. Wondering why he's been stuck on this earth for so long. Wondering why he's still here, but his wife, his friends are gone. Wondering how much more his body is going to deteriorate. I understand why he's tired. But I'm happy I don't have a funeral to go to this week.

Sorry if I was a little dramatic in my previous post. It's difficult to think about losing a loved one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear he is doing better and you will have more time with him! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Hi there - thanks for letting me know what is going on and letting me in on your blog. After reading your blog, I feel like I got to know you better than after 12 years of friendship and carpooling! ;-0
LMR