Monday, January 21, 2008

Why I shop for scrapbook supplies online

Today I went to a (relatively) new scrapbook store because I was looking for a few specific items and I thought they might have them there. I knew they had at least one item I was looking for. As it turns out, that one item was the only item they had that I wanted. Of course, that didn't stop me from buying three things.

But back to original reason for this post. I was trying to scraplift a card so I was looking for certain embellishments. I know that Scrapworks chipboard flowers and Heidi Swapp ghost flowers are a couple years old, but still, I was hoping to find them or something similar. I was also looking for Prima Pop ups birds, which are at least year old. When this store first opened, it had the largest selection of Prima products I had ever seen. So I was hopeful they would have what I was looking for. Nope, no go. Nada. And they had never heard of Prima Pop ups. And they were not helpful in suggesting alternate products. I found ONE package of chipboard flowers. TWO packages of transparent flowers. Okay, there were more than two packages, I guess I should have said two styles. But really, not much of a selection.

And over the weekend, I went to a different store and as usual, I walked out without buying anything. I checked out the prices on a couple of items that are $1 everywhere else. They are $1.99 there. Ridiculous!! All I wanted was pop dots. Yep, they were out of pop dots. I was willing to buy them at their inflated prices and they were out.

At least when I shop online, I know if something is in stock or not. I don't have to make a special trip. Next time, I'll go back to my "favorite" LSS (local scrapbook store). Their hours and location aren't as convenient and their selection isn't as good as other stores, but they are friendly and consistent in their stock. They don't try to be cutting edge and I can usually find what I want there. Oh, does that mean I'm not cutting edge? Maybe that's why I'm not on a design team, lol.

2 comments:

Susan said...

yeah...I know the feeling! I call the lss a lot before I hop in the car. and the last time I bought some thing there I bough 5 sheets of paper that the company had gone out of business....and I really liked that paper! lol!

Becca L. said...

I totally understand how you feel. The nearest LSS for me is 25 miles away and just going their stresses me out because my mind thinks in "LM" as to how products should be arranged. This place doesn'[t keep paper lines together and it drives me absolutely batty!